Happy New Year from Horsepower Therapy!
2017 was an amazing year for Horsepower Therapy, and I am truly grateful. A year ago, I made a decision to follow my heart and took my company in a completely new direction. Many of you have followed that transition and given me invaluable support to establish HPT as a non-profit to help veterans and their families experience Horsepower Therapy and all the comfort, enjoyment, and healing it can bring. Our mission is simple:
– Use Horsepower Therapy to support, empower, and enrich the lives of America’s veterans, combat-wounded veterans and families of fallen service members, and help them heal from their wounds, both visible and hidden.
– Provide opportunities for those veterans and their families to experience the fun and fellowship of Horsepower Therapy and the bond shared by all veterans during track events, car shows, and industry events.
Our goals include:
– Provide methods and opportunities for veterans and families to be around cars and experience the benefit of horsepower therapy.
– Raise awareness of the visible and invisible wounds that veterans and family members experience every day as a result of their selfless service to our country.
– Plan new and support existing events, including track days, drag races and speed-fests, as well as industry trade and car shows that veterans and family members can attend free of cost.
– Develop relationships with members of the automobile industry and private citizens who are interested in helping us provide our veterans with horsepower therapy.
You are the reason HPT began meeting our mission and goals in our very first year, and from the bottom of my heart, I thank you!
In our first year as an official non-profit, we met so many people who share our belief that actions mean more than words and proved it over and over again with their generous assistance. Old friends and new shared their expertise, contacts, resources and time. We made some amazing new partners in industry, and received spectacular support from folks around the country. Thanks to everyone, HPT sponsored veterans and family attendance at five events from Kentucky to Michigan to Nevada and raised awareness and funds at other events across the South. Our 2017 events included:
– Cars, Concerts and Craft Beer, Huntsville AL – April 2017, Fundraising / Car Show
– Tap Take-Over, Stem and Stein, Madison, AL – June 2017, Fundraiser
– Battle Creek Speedfest, Battle Creek MI – July 2017, Speed Fest, HPT-sponsored veteran: John Santa Ana, U.S. Army, 2006 – 2013
– Camarofest 7, Bowling Green KY – July 2017, Camaro Fest, HPT-sponsored veteran: Jessica Stith, U.S. Navy. 2002 – 2004
– Car Craft Summer Nationals, Bowling Green KY – July 2017 National Car Event, HPT-sponsored veteran: Ian Penix, U.S. Army, 2010-2015
– LS Expo 4, Summit Racing, McDonough, GA – July 2017, LS Car Event
– NASCAR K&N Pro Series Idaho 208, Meridian Idaho – September 2017, Race event, HPT donated race tickets for a veteran and his family
– SEMA Show 2017, Las Vegas NV – November 2017, Industry event, HPT-sponsored veteran: Brian Jergens, SGT, U.S. Army
In 2018, we have an even more robust plan, and will return to several annual events and add many new ones to our calendar.
2018 Planned Events:
– HPT Cruise In, Rocket City Tavern, Huntsville AL, last Friday of the month
– Tap Take Overs – Throughout the year in Huntsville
– Texas Mile, Beeville TX – April 2018, Speed Event
– Texas Camaro Revolution, San Antonio TX, April 2018, Camaro Event
– Cars, Concerts and Craft Beer, Huntsville AL – April 2018, Fundraising / Car Show Event
– Hot Rod Power Tour, Bowling Green KY, June 2018, National Car Event
– Thunder on the Mountain, Bandimere Speedway, CO, June 2018, NHRA Drag Race
– Battle Creek Speedfest, Battle Creek MI – July 2018, Speed Fest Event
– Camarofest 7, Bowling Green KY – July 2018, Camaro Fest
– Car Craft Summer Nationals, Bowling Green KY – July 2018, National Car Event
– LS Expo 4, Summit Racing, McDonough, GA – July 2018, LS Car Event
– Wanna Gofast, Georgia ½ mile Shootout, Clayton GA – September 2018, Speed Fest
– SEMA Ignite 2018, Las Vegas NV – November 2018, Industry Event
How can you help make this year happen?
Let me quote the phrase from one of my all-time favorite movies, the 1983 film The Right Stuff, “no bucks, no Buck Rogers.” We need your help!!! Non of this is possible without your generous donations. So please, please, please…hit the DONATE button, and share our mission with your friends.
Once again, THANK YOU to our family, friends, partners, sponsors, and veterans. I look forward to working with all of you in the coming year!